Friday 30 May 2008

SatNav 2

Well, I have used the SatNav a few times now. The wife hates it and I love it. I think she does not like being told what to do or where to go. (grin) I have to change the voice from a female one to a male one. That, at least, made it almost acceptable.

It has proved it's worth in towns where you are trying to get somewhere and don't know the area. We were down in Birmingham at the start of the month and it was brilliant at getting us around the city suburbs. I used it to go to Harrogate in Yorkshire (400 mile round trip) and it took us to the Hotel door. Excellent.

The voice can get a little annoying if there are a lot of instructions and sometimes it does not react quickly enough if there are a series of slip roads one quickly following the other but I think it has been worth the investment. I take it with me now on trips, although don't always use it, but at least it is there if I find myself in need of some assistance.

I don't think it always gives you the best route, especially if you are towing a caravan. I think it would be useful to have an option for the route to allow for that. At the moment all I can do is limit the speed used on the route calculations (60mph limit).

Anybody else had any issues/comments on SatNav's?

Byeeeeee

No comments: