Wednesday 27 June 2007

Arghhhh - Holidays


I was planning on going on holiday in just over a fortnight. We have a touring caravan and take it to various parts of the United Kingdom over the course of a year. Well we were due to go down to Tewksbury for a site by the river Avon. That was the plan. Till torrential rain has caused severe flooding of the town and the site is under a couple of feet of water!!!! Now even if the water subsides I don't think the site will be in a fit state to use by the time we get there (on Friday the 13th would you believe!!).

So last night the wife and I started to try and find alternatives. Well as most of Southern England is flooded we discounted them. The North is either booked or sites we do not want to go to. So we thought, why not go abroad. Oh Boy. Talk about spoilt for choice. The problem is my wife and I could not agree on a place to go. I fancy Turkey (we have never been there) but my wife wants Menorca (we have been there several times). I don't know where we will end up at this short notice but it could be an interesting visit to the travel agents tonight.

Byeeeeeee

No comments: