Monday 20 November 2006

Who Am I ???

Greetings to one and all. New and Return visitors are welcome.

OK, I asked the question so I suppose I had better answer it!!! My name is Richard Chambers and I live in a village called Elderslie in Scotland. I am more years old than I care to publicly admit :} and have lived here for the best part of 15 years.

Elderslie's claim to fame is to be the birthplace of Sir William Wallace (aka Braveheart) and there is a monument in the village to celebrate this fact. There is even an annual parade through the streets from a local town centre (Johnstone) to the Wallace Memorial . To my shame, I drive past it most days but have never been up to look at it :{ If you are British then I would mention that Tony Robinson (Time team et al) has done a program on William Wallace and his investigations suggested that this could indeed have been the birthplace. Such is fame.

My claim to fame? Don't have one. I am just an ordinary member of the public, although I have travelled well and I may reminisce about my travels at some other time or times. Once you get me going, I may not stop!!!

However, I do suffer from Diabetes. Type II Diabetes to be exact. Thank goodness that (at the moment) I can control it with tablets and I do not have to inject insulin. OK, I admit it, I got Late Onset Diabetes because I was overweight. I have been diagnosed now for about 10 years and it first raised it's ugly head in my mid forties (Oh heck, I've given my age away! :} ) I have learned to live with it and it's limitations and may add further comment in the future on Diabetes, Metformin and Aspirin (the tablets I take along with Rosiglitazone) to control my blood sugar levels.

Next time I may even manage to attach a picture to this blog. You will have to excuse me but I am new to this lark.

Good luck and may your God go with you. Till next time.

Byeeeeeee

Regards
Richard.

No comments: