Friday 5 January 2007

Flash Earth

I have just added a link to Flash Earth, it's a system that uses several satellite imaging systems to look at the earth. It uses Google Earth (and others) and the imaging is quite good. At least in the areas I looked at , my house (which has lost 2 trees, and gained a conservatory since the photo was taken) and where I used to live in Bahrain. The quality over Bahrain was quite good and I easily tracked down where I used to live and where I used to work. It has been some 20 years since I left and it is interesting to see how much land reclamation there has been and how many 'open sand parking lots' are now buildings or covered parking lots.

I even looked at Riyadh and Jeddah and mainly found my bearings from the airports. If I visited now I would definitely get lost. Both cities have expanded greatly.

Byeeee

No comments: