Friday 26 January 2007

Visit to the Doctor

Well I had a visit to the Doctor's yesterday. Good News and Bad News.

The good news is that my Diabetes is back under control. The additional Metformin tablets seem to have done the trick (when I remember to take them that is!!! - OK I forgot last night and as a result my bloods were up to 7.2 this morning instead of in the 6's.) However that reading is still acceptable. Also my kidneys seem to be functioning OK so all. in all, a good result.

Now the bad news. My blood pressure is waaaaaaayy to high. Ho Hum, just as I get one thing under control along comes another. Yet more tablets to take. I started the course this morning but it occasionally has side effects on the kidneys. So, I will be back to the vampire next week to take some more blood to make sure this new tablet is not affecting my kidneys.

That will be 5 tablets at breakfast, 3 with my dinner and 2 last thing at night. Shake me and I will rattle (grin).

The important thing is that we are doing something about it and it is being closely monitored. I still want to be around to retire in 9 years time.

Byeeeee

No comments: