Friday 29 December 2006

Friends Past

I am a little saddened today. Just before Christmas I received a Christmas card from a long time friend. It used to be a couple (Tony and Teddy). Well now it is just Teddy. They have split up after many many years married. I liked them both and whilst our paths had not crossed for many years I still thought of them as friends.

OK nobody has died but I feel upset for Teddy. I spoke to her on the telephone and she still has her sense of humour but is a little bitter (and understandably so). I will not go into the reasons and what happened - that is not for me. I just wish to express my sorrow at their parting.

I met them in Bahrain through an amateur dramatics group called the Manama Players. Ah the good old days. We became good friends and even after they came back to the UK I would visit them. They even stayed in my house for several months, whilst I was working in Bahrain.

Byeeeee.

No comments: