Thursday 28 December 2006

She's done it again!!!



I Hope you all had a good Christmas and are looking forward to the New Year.

Me, I went looking for cars (well 4X4's) yesterday and my WIFE bought one!!!!! Not me, I was the one looking, she was the one who bought. I knew she was contemplating changing vehicles when I did but we were looking at the big 4X4's (I still like the Kia Sorento) and we were walking past the Suzuki garage (there is an area between Linwood and Paisley where there must be about 15 showrooms) and suddenly my wife said she quite fancied the Suzuki Jimny (yes it is Jimny, I always thought it was JImmy). So we looked around the lot and they had some with low mileage that were very affordable. Well we went into the showroom and they had a brand new JLX+ spec model at a much reduced price which was going up at the end of the month. Well, she fell in love with it. We went home, worked out the finances, went back, had a test drive and she bought it!

So I have had my car nearly 5 years and in that time she will have had 3 cars, 2 of which were brand new!

Me, I'm still looking but I had a good look at the Kia Sorento and both my wife and I like the looks of it very much. I am going to lease one in the New Year (most of the leasing places are shut at the moment). The cost is not too bad £199 + VAT (17.5%) per calendar month for up to 3 years. The only problem is that this is for 10,000 miles per annum. I do more than that, nearer 15,000 so it may cost a bit more. The advantage of this is I don't have to find £16,000 - £17,000 to buy one. Ok at the end of the lease period I get nothing back, but it would have cost me that much in the cost of the loan and I would have had to do it over 5 years to be able to afford it.

Also, this way means I can get a brand new car every 2 or 3 years. I'll try it and see how we get on. I then just have to sell my Peugeot 406 HDi Estate car, but there is no hurry for that.

Talk to you again. Byeeeee.



No comments: