Sunday 10 December 2006

It's Bucketing Down

Well, Sunday morning. Eve-on Line is down for maintenance, it is blowing a gale and absolutely pouring down with rain. Welcome to Scotland in December!!

My wife managed to get the Christmas decorations up last night. I just do the grunt work, carry the boxes, move the furniture etc. She does all the arty bits. Looks good mind you, so I never complain. I've just got to get all the boxes back in the loft. I really think it is time we clear out some of the old decorations. The boxes feel no lighter than when I brought them down!

One of my pet peeves is the way the shops start Christmas in October. By the time December comes you are fed up with it. My memories as a child seemed to indicate that things did not get going till December and that is the way I like it. Having said that, as a kid, when it DID get started we were as high as kites for 3 weeks. Must have driven my parents round the bend. Mind you, I suppose some things never change. Kids driving their parents round the bend I mean {grin}.

Byeeee

1 comment:

Clive Keeling said...

hi richard, yeh you can include a link to my soccer blog as well as the lay blog (sorry didn't know how to reply to your comment) - Clive Keeling